That was in 1971... before computers, before e-mail, before cell phones, etc. Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took 1-year or less to become the law of the land... all because of public pressure.
I'm asking each American citizen to share this article with at least twenty people on their friend lists; in turn ask each of those to do likewise. In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.
1. No Tenure / No Pension.
2. Congress (present & future) participates in Social Security.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!